This one-day course is designed to enable developers with the knowledge and tools to begin running large-scale workloads on virtual machines hosted on Google’s infrastructure
– choosing a VM that fits your needs and gain the performance of Google’s worldwide fiber network.
The course aims to introduce developers with most focusing on a series of lectures and fewer in-class demonstrations from learning real-world use cases.
- This class is intended for experienced software developers who are familiar with low-level technical components; and would like to learn how to build applications in Google Compute Engine on Google Cloud Platform.
- Minimum 5 delegates, maximum of 15 delegates.
- If you do not have a Google Account, please sign up for an account.
- Personal laptop.
- Download Ubuntu 14.10 from this link.
- Install VMware Workstation on your laptop and follow this instructions.
Module 1 Introducing Google Compute Engine
Module 2 Interacting with GCE
Module 3 Instances
Module 4 Disks
Module 5 Images
Module 6 Snapshots
Module 7 Networks
Demo 1 Interact with GCE resources in the developer console
Demo 2 Interact with GCE resources using the Cloud SDK
Demo 3 Create instances and Connect via SSH
Demo 4 Transfer files to and from an instance
Demo 5 Create a disk and deleting disk
Demo 6 Create a snapshot
Demo 7 Create a persistent disk from a snapshot
Demo 8 How to reserve IP address
Demo 9 Network configurations
*approx 10 minutes on each demonstration.
|09:00||Registration / Meet & greet with instructors and audiences|
|09:15||Google Cloud Platform Introduction|
|09:30||Module 1, 2 Demo 1, 2|
|10:30||Break (15 minutes)|
|10:45||Module 3, 4 Demo 3, 4|
|13:00||Module 5, 6 (intro.) Demo 5, 6|
|Break (15 minutes)|
|14:30||Module 6 (cont.), 7 Demo 7, 8, 9|
|16:30||Q&A with instructors|
Price per delegate is Per Call for the two-days course, hosted in the GoPomelo training center, in Ploenchit.